WM wants to build (again) when saving to hdd

hi there,

from time to time WM wants to start building again (project was already builded 100%, all indicators are green) when attemting
to save some data to the harddisk.

There is no obvious reason to build an already builded projct, instead of saving the outputs - or am I missing something?

Best Regards

man, this start to be some serious problem…

I pressed green button, everything was build 100% (after 1.5 hrs) - All indicators are green (you see some in the image)
Now, I clicked on a bitmap-device, set a path to save out the image, then clicked “write output to disk” - now WM wants to build everything again
and the indicator turns red (but was already green before)?!

Why is that???

edit: this behaviour seems to take place, when navigating to another folder, as selected in the device, before build.
When just copy/past a path into the device, instead of using “windows explorer navigation”, then WM does not want
to build everything again and again…

OR just when switching from “bmp” to “png” output for bitmap after build - then WM want to re-build again, too

You are using memory conservation mode, correct? That is the only scenario I could see this occuring.

If your output is green, you can export successfully. If it is yellow, it will need to be rebuilt – and if you’re in memory conserve, the only way to rebuild is to rebuild the whole network.

What version of WM are you using? Older versions had a bug where the bitmap output would be invalidated incorrectly for simple settings changes.

hey Stephen,

I was using WM3dev02 - in “memory conservation mode”, correct. So this causes a need to re-build things?
If so, a tool tip or warning, when checking this mode should be given to the user to be aware of
this before building large projects and get upset about why Wm wants to build an already builded project
over and over again. There is no way to understand this behaviour without an explaination, if no hints are given, on what to expect!

Kind regards