WM125basic doesn't start at all

I’ve downloaded WM 1.25 basic, installed it in the default path, went to the start menu to start it up…
nothing visible happens, but a look in the taskmanager reveals that worldmachine is using 100% of my cpu… since 10 minutes now… ???

WinXP SP2,
nvidia riva tnt2
AMD Athlon 1800+
256 mb ram

already tried to re-install?

already tried to re-install?

yes, about 4 times…
i’ve also downloaded the file once again, so it should probably not be an error caused by a corrupt download…

please help :cry:

Er… Try to reboot or to install into another directory ? :?
Are the drivers of your graphics card up to date ? Tried a windows update ?
I don’t know what to say :?

hmm. This is rather odd.

95% of all WM errors have to do with video drivers. Usually they happen after the program starts however. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are your nvidia drivers completely current? if not, go to http://www.nvidia.com and download&install the latest for your card.

Er... Try to reboot or to install into another directory ? :? Are the drivers of your graphics card up to date ? Tried a windows update ? I don't know what to say :?

Thank you for caring… :wink:
hm, the files are all there, and the mousepointer says that it is working on something… graphic card drivers are up to date, definitely.
Could it perhaps be some windows-service that i might have turned off (i disabled some of them)? if so, which one?

nice greetings

I am not sure but could it be that your mousedriver makes problems?

I now from some of my colleagues that they sometimes have problems with their cordless mouse.

I am not sure but could it be that your mousedriver makes problems?

I now from some of my colleagues that they sometimes have problems with their cordless mouse.

Well I’ve got quite a reagular low-budget ps/2 mouse… the driver is probably the windows default driver.
No-one else has encountered this problem yet? Seems it’s a prob with my machine then; I’m thinking about re-installing windows, but I’ll have to finish some work before that :wink:
Are there still old versions of World Machine around? I’ve looked out for 0.99 but couldnt find it.

Greets

Reinstalling Windows is always good for your machine :stuck_out_tongue:

http://terrafgen.free.fr/Downloads/WM99Setup.exe

I haven’t updated my website for one year (:oops:), so there is still the old version there…

Reinstalling Windows is always good for your machine :P

http://terrafgen.free.fr/Downloads/WM99Setup.exe

I haven’t updated my website for one year (:oops:), so there is still the old version there…

Thanx :slight_smile:
0.99 works without problems. Though I’d like to see what the new WM can do, i am quite satisfied with the old one. Haven’t done terragen for quite a while, so here I go ;-).

Cheers,

World Machine .99 is to 1.0 like a shack is to a mansion. :slight_smile:

I would heartily recommend reinstalling windows XP if nothing else is working. Any problem that is preventing WM from even starting up is likely to also manifest itself for other programs that use the common windows libraries also.

World Machine .99 is to 1.0 like a shack is to a mansion. :)

Hey!.. …A comfortable shack! :smiley: May be uggly, have no paint, but you can already live in it nicely if you don’t mind the company of a few bugs :slight_smile: Though, definitively, not the best place to spend winter… :slight_smile: