World height changings - Unscalable devices's values?

I’ve noticed, whenever I change the max world height, all the devices along with water rescale their heights, which is VERY disturbing.

Actually, my worst problem is that I would like to be able to zoom in as much as possible in the 3D view, which is the best and most useful visualization method.

By setting a max world height like 7471, though, camera zoom in is limited at a much higher height than the one I need to see small details.

I could, of course, set a lower max height, but then all the devices’ values would rescale, giving me weird results and mostly flattened details.

So my question is: is there any way to let the camera zoom in more in the 3D view or to just set all devices’ values as unscalable?

Thank you.

Anybody? =\

Hi there,

Vertical scale sets the maximum height value possible in the world; All outputs will always be scaled proportionately to this value. Internally WM is simply scaling a 0…1 heightfield to the vertical scale provided.

This behavior is sometimes a source of confusion; if I was starting things over fresh I would change the behavior, but changing now requires doing so in a way that doesn’t break all existing world files and more importantly, all devices – which is a bit tricky.

I’ll put adding more/finer zoom increments in the 3D view on my list of features requested; as a very small easy change it has a good chance of being implemented soon.

Well, I somehow already knew it was not a feasible change.

Thank you for the 3D view camera, though, it would really hit the nail in the head with my current work. =)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention:

If you haven’t tried it already, try the Free Camera mode in the 3D View: its the second button from the left in the 3d view menu. It changes the camera from an orbiting to a free-aiming one, and can get closer to the ground than the orbiter can.

OMG!!!

How might I miss it!?!??!

OMG…sorry. -.- blush

Like nothing said, I love you!