World Machine 2.3.2 Release Available

World Machine 2.3.2 is a bugfix release with the following changes and fixes:

Tiled Terrains: Layout shapes with breakup tiling regression fixed
Tiled Terrains: Limit on tile resolution removed
Build Window now asks for cancel confirmation if build has been in progress for more than a few seconds
Thermal Erosion : 2-step algorithm improved (see below for more details!)
File Input Device: RAW files >2GB in size are now imported correctly
Right click->delete on a wire now properly updates the network
Non-polyline DXF shapes are now properly skipped on Layout Shape Import

Registered customers head to the update site to upgrade!

Full details of the most significant changes are below.
[hr]

Thermal Weathering:
The algorithm for two-phase thermal erosion has been improved. This should not only eliminate the “black hole” problem, but also fixes several other longstanding numerical instabilities in the simulation and produces more useful results. Another important improvement is that the thermal device will now effect the entire terrain rather than producing one-pixel unaffected borders around the terrain.

However, these changes mean that any world files that use Thermal Weathering in two-phase mode may now produce different output.

In addition, the Talus Depth output in two-phase mode now exports actual talus depth rather than a normalized map, which means that texturing that previously relied on this value spanning the whole 0…1 range will need to be reworked – add a Clamp(Normalize) device to the output to fix. By changing this to use actual depth you can actually just subtract the talus depth from the terrain to get the “rock” terrain without any talus, which can be very interesting/useful.

Tiled Terrains:

There was a regression where layout shapes that used fractal breakup were exporting distorted/mixed up shapes in 2.3. This is an important fix!

Cheers!

:shock:

Outstanding thank you for new release.

Hi,

It says here it is release 2.3.2, Why does the program show version 2.3.3 :?

Thanks

Rick

My say 2.3.2 PRO 64-BIT. In the info window “About World Machine”
What Version are you using?

Mine says 2.3.2 on the help|about.

I uploaded a silent hotfix to 2.3.2 to fix a very specific issue with 2.3 pro time limited trials – Apparently the next version number slipped in. I will back-correct this, but it should not produce any problems or interfere in any way.

On the help/about, mine says World Machine 2 professional 2.3.3

Now I am wondering if I should uninstall it & then reinstall it. Since it was an update, I just updated by installing over past version, I did not uninstall & reinstall this.

“I uploaded a silent hotfix to 2.3.2 to fix a very specific issue with 2.3 pro time limited trials – Apparently the next version number slipped in. I will back-correct this, but it should not produce any problems or interfere in any way.”

Miss that. Ok, so I do not need to uninstall it. Thanks a lot.