"Write output to disk" on an unbuilt node should be improved.

If you select an output device that isn’t built, like the Bitmap Output, and you open it up and choose “Write output to disk!” it will come up with a popup

Firstly the popup’s title is “CustomDev64” I think that’s a bug. but its not really an issue.

The popup says “The world must be built before you can export your data. Would you like to do so now?”

If you press Yes it will build every device in your file. It’s as if you pressed the Green ‘Build’ button.

I think this would be much better if rather than it building every file in your scene, it only built the ones it needed for that output. so it should be doing the same as if you pressed the Yellow ‘Build to Current Device’ button.

There are times when you have an output on a separate branch in your scene to another output, and you don’t want to have to waste time building absolutely everything, only what’s nessissary to what you want to output.

I wasn’t sure if this should have been in the Feature Request thread or the Bug thread. please feel free to shift it if nessissary.