About when will the water VDM update be out?

I’m planing to buy a licence but I want the river vdm features so I don’t want to buy my license too early so the one year of updates run out before that update comes out.

1 Like

Hi there, that’s a fair question!

VDM water support is the next one of three major features planned post-Dragontail. Having all of the water devices support VDM terrains was originally in scope for Dragontail itself, but it turns out its a pretty significant task on its own. Tackling that is the next logical step.

I’ve been bitten in the past predicting release dates; sometimes things don’t go as planned or a task simply has some seriously tricky engineering. With that enormous caveat, I am hoping for the first half of next year.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer! And an approximate answer is all I need since one year is a big window of time to plan around.

1 Like