Greyed out items in Shapes editor

When I create a Shapes device, and double-click to edit some shapes, I see that most of the settings are greyed out:

This seems to be preventing me from following some tutorials, including the ones that come with World Machine, like the Roads tutorial. I wondered if this might be due to using the free version, but I can’t find anything which confirms that nor any sign that anyone else has ever encountered this.

I am also not able to edit existing shapes and vertices.

@eruonna You have to “select” a shape first. Those greyed out settings are for individual shapes you drew, so select the shape you want to edit.

1 Like

How do you select a shape? Adding one doesn’t leave it selected, and clicking on an existing one only starts a new one. That is what I mean about not being able to edit or delete shapes after they are drawn.

@eruonna Mouse “Right click” to exit the “create shape” tool. Then highlight the shape again, and left click to select it.

1 Like

Ah, well, now I feel kind of dumb. That worked for me. Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

No need to be, learning new software (especially if it is sometimes not intuitive) comes with questions that, in hindsight, may have an obvious answer. Not asking a question is a lot worse :wink:

1 Like