Missing tabs no Layout Generator Commands

Hi,

I’m new to world machine, i got the professional version but it seems its missing a few tabs…
For example there is no Layout Generator Commands, its just a preview and thats it, cant change any settings or add layouts.

Can you show us a screenshot?

Hey,

I suppose you see something like this?

This could be because you have not selected a Shapes device in the Device Workview tab.

If you add a Shapes device to the Device Workview and then select the Shapes device, you will see the following, and I suppose those are the missing commands you are referring to!

1 Like

Hmm, I did not think that they might have went to the layout view without any devices being added to the device work view. I guess that they were following the outdated guidance on the layout generator in help files:

https://help.world-machine.com/topic/layout-generator/#

These really need to be updated as they would prevent needless help requests like these.

I got to this thread searching for help restoring the component menu tabs when they suddenly disappeared from the top of the viewport. The only way I could find to restore them was by quitting and opening a new session entirely. But, if it happens again, I’d like to know a way to fix it while I’m still in session. Anyone know anything about this?

Just fiddled around with it, I know have some UI locked behind my Taskbar and I can’t grab it lmao. Only thing that helped was a restart, just like in your case.

1 Like