Problem which i can not solve for 7 months

How to randomize square heights in way that compatible with Tiled Builds?

I have separated squares, and want that they become to have randomized flat height - under flat i mean no random noize, just flat values for each individual square. Also want that even if i will move input image of those squares by hand (without using any type of distortion) - values still the same and connected to each square. So for example central square will have the same height, even if i will move File Input placement by hand. Tiled Build do not allow you to use a lot of stuff - Blur, Expander, Flow Resturcture, Select Aspect, - so i spend a lot of tryies to make it work. But have no result

My initial thought would be to use a Shapes device and simply trace the squares. You’d have to manually set the height of each square rather than having it be randomly assigned, but that would prevent it from changing heights if moved. You could also then move each square individually. If you have access to a program like Illustrator, you could also use the trace feature to extract the shapes from your image, adjust some settings (Illustrator does not export an SVG file correctly by default, last I attempted), and export an SVG file that can be loaded into the Shapes device, at which point you’d simply have to adjust the heights of each square. You also may need to adjust the falloff, I cannot remember if it adds one by default. I’m sure similar results could be managed with something like Inkscape, but I’m not at all familiar with it, so I can’t say for certain.

Also, just as a note: Tiled builds do not prevent you from using any devices, the warning is just to let you know that it may have unexpected outcomes. You can always give it a try, just make sure to check that any of the boundaries didn’t react weird to the tiling. You can also always increase the Blending Percentage option in the Tiled Build Settings if you do see any oddities with the tiled build.

1 Like