Terrain elevation probability?

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere, but I’ve searched extensively (both here and google) and haven’t found what I’m looking for yet.

I’m new to WM and I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to set the probability of a certain elevation range occuring when using a device like the advanced perlin. Basically what I’m trying to do is apply hypsometry data like the attached graph to tell WM that an elevation range of say 5000-6000 meters should only make up 0.5% of a generated terrain that has an elevation extent of 0-6000 meters.

At first I thought the probability filter was what I’m looking for, but the dot map it produces seems to be more for object placement. Is there a glaringly obvious way to do this that I’m missing or is it not possible?

Hi there,

I’d apply the Equalizer to your noise function. This linearizes the range, so that, say, the bottom 10% of the heighfield will occur 10% of the time in the output. From there, you can adjust with Curves. This won’t give you an exact result but will get you a qualitative result.

Another way you can do it if you have a reference for the range you want, is to use the Mimic device with the reference connected to the Reference input