Tutorial Project: Basics of procedural terrain modelling in World Machine

Here is a free text and application based basic tutorial I made for those new to procedural terrain modelling. I go over some very basics of Terrain modelling, in a language friendly to new users and artists alike. Download the archive and extract the folder to a location you can read and write to. Open the world machine project in any version above “4031.2”, and follow the instructions contained within. It’s more of a demo for new users, I skipped over “design methodology” to keep things simple and concise. You can ask questions about the workflow here itself, as a reply to this forum post.

Enjoy!

Project files:
World Machine - Basic tutorial.zip (2.3 MB)

Screenshots:

License:

All files contained within this post are hereby licensed CC BY 4.0 (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International).
Legal: Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0
Licensor: Pratyaksh Gaur (https://about.me/pratyakshgaur)

2 Likes

I just caught a few typos, and edited a few settings here and there. So here’s an updated build of the project. I added a version suffix to both the folder and the file, so it shouldn’t overwrite the previous one.

Project file:

World Machine - Basic tutorial_V2.zip (2.8 MB)

Screenshot:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I saw this before, but it’s always good to see tutorials going out to the community. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Caught a few more typos. Changed the structure to be more of an island. Here’s the updated version, files versioned incrementally so they won’t be replaced.

Project file:
World Machine - Basic tutorial_V3.zip (3.0 MB)

Screenshots:

1 Like