UI remains poor

I never noticed any true hate towards WMs UI in the hobbyist community, and I don’t have many ties to the professional community.

Again, I do think WMs UI is in need for a big improvement, especially for those using WM as a small asset in their pipeline and without the luxury to invest hundreds of hours into it, WM is just not beginner friendly and has its quirks (we’ve come to handle/love).

I’m working on a dune macro, hopefully I can release that somewhere in the near feature. Regarding plug and play biomes, maybe this is something for you?

@hylk: Thanks, I will look at it.

I heavily disagree. I have quite the beasty computer, and so i spend 98% of time in the UI, and 2% of the time waiting for renders to finish. Furthermore with WM’s new self-rendering mechanisms in the bg automatically, i spend even less time doing the final render. Please don’t speak for me, or on my behalf. It’s unbecoming.

1 Like

I have latest 16 core with 64GB ram…I cant go much further (for reasonable money). It really depends on the complexity of project. Simple projects with several devices, sure, render time is low. Also if you dont need to tune small details (under 1m), you dont need to do high res renders often, etc…2k renders are fast even for very complex projects, unfortunatelly for some cases 2k is too low. I am usually around 20 minutes for 8k build and 20 hours for final build…

It’s been a month and a half since this thread was created, and even the complete UX common sense basics like dismissing the node search after dragging the node connection into an empty space by left clicking anywhere outside it is not implemented. This is really embarrassing.

I’ve locked this thread. It is increasingly not serving either the community or the product.

Posts should be helpful, thoughtful, and civil. They should become more-so when disagreeing with other community members. Assume good faith on the part of the other participants.

To be explicit, the original post in this thread is fine and contains many helpful ideas. Critical/negative feedback is very welcome so long as it abides by the standards of our discourse, above.