World Machine 2 Release Countdown Thread

Just thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to the upcoming release. We’re about 2 weeks out at this point!

If you have any questions about the upcoming release, this is the thread for it!

Also a bit more information about the Upgrade Deals:

As you can see on the website, the upgrade forms are on the purchase page already as I’m allowing pre-ordered sales for existing WM users. When I have a final WM2 release package all pre-ordered clients will receive their purchases; Thus you might be able to get the product a day or two before the release date. There is no other difference between pre-ordering and waiting till the day, it’s available purely for your convenience.

New customers can purchase WM2 starting on July 4th.

Good day!

When You planning make available to download any “Demo” or “Limited” version of WM2 ?
I want try new version before upgrade.

Yes, there will be a Basic Edition for WM2 available that has all of the features of the Standard Edition; the only difference is a limitation in the total output resolution. This can be not only used freely for small scale noncomercial projects, but serves as a trial or evaluation edition for purchasers of the Standard Edition.

A temporary time limited evaluation version of the Professional Edition might be available on release for a limited basis; I do think that is a good idea but I haven’t worked out the logistics of it yet, as the focus right now is on the July 4th release.

Congrats on the upcoming release Stephen. WM2 looks great. :slight_smile:
My payment has been sent.

Upgrade bought, unable to sleep, 2 more days!

I’ve updated the Support section to include the new User’s Guide and Device Reference if anyone wants to take a look through beforehand.

I’m going to try to make sure all pre-ordered upgrades go out a day early as long as no issues crop up.

Thanks Stephen, I’ll take a look at those.

No hurry on the delivery, I would rather wait until all of the ducks are in a row than have an oops on the first release. :slight_smile:

Ah cool thanks! :slight_smile: Will start reading now. (and end up staying up too late I’m sure :wink:)

Owwwwwwwwwww the suspense…
Rainer :smiley:

Exciting times now :slight_smile: anyone recieved their email yet ? i’m still waiting…

/ Magnus

Still finalizing the state of the release package. I’m going to try to start processing the pre-orders later on today.

Still preparing… Bahhhh… Remnant’s sitting at the pool, sipping a Pina Collada and monitoring our agony through the Laptop held by his lovely assistant…
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lemo

What time zone is that cool refreshing pool in?

Oh, and what’s the water elevation set at? hehehe :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to begin distributing pre-orders to everyone who’s purchased the upgrade within the couple of hours.

When that process is complete, I’ll post here so you’ll know that if you haven’t received an email yet there’s something wrong. :slight_smile:

Wowza! It’s rolling out of the door… Very exciting indeed!

As of right now, all upgrade emails have been sent out!

If you haven’t recieved one, check your spam filter; if it’s not there, please email me at support@world-machine.com for assistance. There was one upgrade preorder with a bad email address that I’m trying to track down still. If this is you, contact me. :slight_smile:

Wooohoooo!!! 8) 8)

monks

Beta testers, or better ex :stuck_out_tongue: beta testers, have any special offers or do we upgrade at the same conditions of other users who own W1.25?

Bye!!!

Installed WM2, love the new features, but every time I launch the app I have to re-enter my User Name and registration code. Any clues how to have it just launch normally as if it’s not the first install? Is it worth setting up a new thread or even section for WM2 issues?

Dual quad core
8Gb RAM
Vista Ultimate 64bit (running the 64bit version of WM2)

EDIT: Active threads seems to be working okay now, once it got to erosion.