How to scale a landscape

I decided to change my project dimensions, but now I would like to scale my created landscape accordingly. However, I am unsure of how to do so. Could you please provide some guidance?

1 Like

export previous one

load at new scale through File Input

press “fit to current scene”

doneeee :sparkles:

but i may think that your situation maybe different and for it may exists better way of implementation

Hey, I was hoping there was a way to scale it without exporting it so I can keep editing it.

1 Like

it is not question due to topic, but want to ask:

you not from russia or post-soviet country? nickaname looks like one of slavic languages

ammmm, back to topic:

i did have same hope also, and do not understand why WM do not have such node for WorldSpace

currently WM have scaling node only for LocalSpace that can change scale name of it - Crop&Transform

you may combine it with WorldSpace to LocalSpace convertor made by this dude, and try is it solve your issue: WorldSpace to LocalSpace - Macros and Plugins - World Machine Community (world-machine.com)

Hey man, this is a Slavic name. I’m from Bulgaria, which is a Slavic country. It’s not exactly a post-Soviet country, but it’s close.
As for the topic, I was hoping to be able to change the scale of the whole world just by zooming in or out in the explorer view. The dimensions to remain the same, but to be able to zoom in or out to decide what scale is best for me.

1 Like

From the Explorer View, if you want to adjust the scale of the scene itself, you can very simply edit the render extents to the level you like (or even set up multiple render extents, if you want to trial multiple scale levels) by clicking the “Scene Setup” button at the top.
From there, you can zoom and pan around the world until you find a location and scale you like, draw your extents or resize existing ones accordingly, and activate whichever one you would like to be working on.
If you’re talking about the world itself (so maintaining the same render extents but still adjusting the scale), that will need to be done in the actual generator(s) to my knowledge, rather than by zooming in the Explorer View.