Island project work in progress

An island I created testing the latest alpha build of world machine. Terrain created with Quadspinner Gaea and World Machine. Final texture and screenshots from world machine alpha build.

1 Like

Oh my goodness~

How does one get in on this “Latest Alpha Build”? I have been keeping an eye out for the drop of a new version (Due to a response to an “updated renderer” thread), and I would totally be okay with encountering potential bugs (And reporting them, of course!) to play with this.

1 Like

@PoshIndie It’ll be available on the dev channel as soon as it’s feature complete and semi-stable. Right now it’s in a very unfinished state.

Btw, the render engine is more or less the same. The lighting in this scene is built using “lighting generator” and AO node. You can use the “basic renderer” macro to get a similar look right now (shipped with wm stable and dev). PBR materials however, are new. Still WIP, but there may be more info released soon.

1 Like

Not shabby
I like it! WTG

1 Like

I saw hints of PBR and was waiting for that specifically, actually! The renderer itself was less of the focus for me, but I recall there being a hint at the PBR textures (Or maybe I read too much into it and it looks to be coming true anyway, haha… in any case, it looks amazing!)

1 Like

@PoshIndie Enjoy!

https://www.world-machine.com/blog/?p=979

1 Like

Corrected most of those texturing masks, as well as most texture normals. Removed as much of the baked-in lighting from the cliff texture as I could. Slipstreamed the “erosion details” into material normals, so that when I import a low poly model into blender, high frequency details would be preserved through material. Will see where it goes. Screenshots from world machine viewport, though I already baked out all textures, imported it in this scene just for previews

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.